Information CollectionThe information we collect, including but not limited to your name and email address, is voluntarily submitted by our visitors in order to fulfill a particular request, and will only be used in the manner in which it was intended by the visitor. This is not a requirement in order to visit our site. GotMovers.com insures maximum security in maintaining the integrity of our visitors' information.
Cookies (Tracking)Cookies are useful for allocating data on certain visitor trends and patterns, such as operating systems, our number of visitors, and which pages are most frequented. GotMovers.com may use tracking and cookies for the express purpose of improving its services. Visitors can adjust their browser setting to notify whenever they are receiving a cookie, with an option of accepting or declining. Declining cookies may affect your use of certain services on our website.
Information DistributionWe may also share aggregate cookie information with trusted third parties that assist in the operation of our website. However, the information disclosed will never specify identifiable information. GotMovers.com will only release private information to protect ours or others' rights, enforce our policies, or in compliance with the law.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ComplianceGotMovers.com adheres to the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). Our website, products, and services are only for people who are at least 13 years old or older. We do not collect any information from anyone under the age of 13.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies, visit our contact page.
For California Consumers The Following Applies
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collect from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email:
- Request Information Do Not Be Sold Go To www.gotmovers.com/Do-not-sell-ca
- Request Right To Know Information Go To www.gotmovers.com/right-to-know-ca
- Request To Delete Your Information Go To www.gotmovers.com/delete-my-info-ca
- Emailing us at CCPA@gotmovers.com
- Toll Free CCPA Hotline - 855-754-2245
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. (At times we may require you to confirm a link sent to your phone via SMS or email)
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by email to the email that was verified. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.